(S)hits

Sunday 14 February 2010

This post is almost as big as your mother! Dohoho

Even though I believe in quality over quantity I feel bad for not posting all that often lately, and then when I do it's some 2deep4u shit, so I've decided to post some of my recent favourites in emo/screamo. BTW some of these might have been posted before, like I said they're just my recent favourites. I apologise for the short descriptions.


Grown Ups - Songs
Download

Sounds like an under-produced Snowing; I'm not sure if that sounds like a compliment or not but it's meant to be one, also reminds me of Street Smart Cyclist at times.

p.s. I think this is the only non-.mp4 version on Mediafire right now, it's V2.


Midwest Pen Pals - Leaving Songs EP
Download

I've been listening to these guys for quite some time now, should've posted them earlier. Leaving Songs EP is all they released, they broke up and formed other bands (my favourite of which being Merchant Ships). They play some rather noodley mathy emo rock, with a hint of screamo at times; also DEAR WORLD


Saetia - A Retrospective
Download

I apologise to all the screamo buffs who heard this years ago, but I'm not all that big on the genre; not because I don't like it but because I never knew where to begin, but when I found Saetia my mind was blown, amazing screamo band and definately worth your time if new to the genre, or if you're familiar with the genre and never heard them.


Boy Problems - Summer Tour demo
Download

Another screamo band that is no longer together, why do all good bands break up without even releasing a full length? Odds are you have heard atleast one of the band members play before, look how much they get around!

danny plays bass/sings, alan plays guitar, and jr plays drums in Boys And Sex.
matt plays guitar in Storm the Bastille.
alan plays guitar, jr plays drums, jon weed sings in cassilis.
jr plays drums in Snowing.
danny sang in Make Me.
kevin sang, matt played bass in Harrison Bergeron.

kevin played guitar in Street Smart Cyclist.
jon weed played guitar in The Lady is not for Burning.
bernie plays guitar in book of flags



Palmkite - Palmkite Demo
Download

My favourite band at the moment, everything about this demo is perfect. If I had to recommend one band from this post it would be these, they're like a second Kinsella, amazing emo that meets American Football and Oh My God Elephant!/Rainbow Tornado midway. I'm really looking forward to a full length (if there is one).


Snowing - Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit
Download

I want to go to bed so here's an amazing review a friend wrote on them:
"So have some music by a band called Snowing. It's pretty much the best the current Emo scene has to offer.
My writing genius knows no bounds"

No comments:

Post a Comment