(S)hits

Saturday 20 February 2010

Every opressed teenager with a decent taste in music HAS to listen to this

Pinkerton is always relevant to my life, and I swear it gets better every time I hear it. Before Rivers Cuomo's fatal 1998 plane crash, he was the fucking king of angst, even if critics initially hated Pinkerton.
Essentially this album is about Rivers Cuomo's Asian fetish and his inability to settle down with someone (as illustrated in Tired of Sex). Whether Rivers knows this or not, Pinkerton was highly influential towards the late 90s emo sound. If it weren't for this album I probably wouldn't be typing this right now.
Best Tracks: Everything but Butterfly, seriously, it's all so heavy and then it abruptly ends with an acoustic song. Not the best transition. Why am I typing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment