(S)hits

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Itch from The King Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQeHbMSqRxU&feature=player_embedded
I'm not one for the whole punk thing but this inspires me so much, it always has. When I stop being a lazy twat I'll upload The King Blues album. They're a kickass ska/punk band that are very active in some political shit and they do marches... and stuff (I'm 14, don't expect me to know anything about politics).

The King Blues used to be three homeless guys selling The Big Issue (I don't know if they have that in America, it's basically to help the unprivileged, they buy the magazines for 75p each and can sell it to people on the street for £1.50 (though the damn woman in my town sells it for £3.00, cheeky cow)). Most the songs from their newest album 'Save The World, Get The Girl' are about their past and it's obvious these guys don't care about the money or getting a big record deal, they just want to help the world. For one of their tours a while back they didn't sell 'proper' tickets, they just asked that you buy a Big Issue and use it as a ticket. What lovely guys, eh? Helping the homeless and all that. Anyway I'm rambling on a bit so I'm just going to end it here. Oh also, if you can't be bothered to watch the whole 7 minutes of that video (lazy fucks) then skip to 4:45.

P.S. Itch also plays the ukele in the band, a motherfucking ukele man!
P.P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSxRH2QLcg Pretty awesome cover of Dizzee Rascals song Bonkers
    "So don’t let anyone tell you you’re not worth the earth,
    These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,
    Don’t let anyone tell you that you’ve got to give in,
    Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,
    Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,
    Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,
    Use all that heart, hope and soul that you’ve got,
    And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,
    And realise that the other world that you’re always looking for,
    Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,
    And it’s up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,
    After all, you were put on the earth to do this,
    So shine your light so bright that all can see,
    Take pride in being whoever the fuck you want to be,
    Throw your fist in the air in solidarity,
    And shout 'Viva la punk, just one life, anarchy'"


    "I was classic bullying material strictly speaking,
    I was 4ft tall with a 3ft mohican,
    I bunked off school and bought some tattoo ink,
    Engraved ‘punk 4 life’ on my arm with a safety pin,
    I was sleeping in a park and selling The Big Issue,
    But this ain’t no sob story so don’t reach for the tissue,
    Cos these Spanish punks took me under their wing,
    Opened a squat in Clapham Common they let me move in"
    Oh Itch, yousa busta :3

    No comments:

    Post a Comment