(S)hits

Thursday 28 January 2010

Me, a faggot/The soundtracks to an Algebra II Exam






God fucking dammit. I wanted to hate this, I really did. But I guess I'm even more of a flaming faggot now that I like OK Computer. Like Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, it's very user unfriendly - you have to listen to it three or four times to fully appreciate it. Or not. I can see how people can't stand it, the tracks that seperate the really good songs are lackluster. A little repetitive and bland. It might not deserve the hype it gets (a certain tripfag might disagree with me), but it's pretty damn good.
Best tracks: Electioneering, Paranoid Android, No Surprises, Airbag




Now for something completely different (PitchFork gave this a 3.3, durrhurr). After much thinking, I've come to the conclusion that On a Wire is only slightly inferior to Something to Write Home About and Four Minute Mile. In other words, this is some good fucking shit. It's the same Get Up Kids I (and hopefully you) love with some acoustic country undertones. Goes great with rainy days, or days when you're feeling homesick. Ehhhh...What else can I say? Get up (lol c wut i did ther?) and get it.
Best tracks: Overdue, Let the Reigns Go Loose, Walking on a Wire, Campfire Kansas

No comments:

Post a Comment