(S)hits

Thursday 15 April 2010


Okay, I fucked up on my first post. It's pretty fucking stupid to describe albums you allegedly love in one or two sentences when you have no restrictions. Also, I "wittily" cringed when I mentioned indie, yet I felt fine using the phrase "guilty pleasure". I was a really wretched person. But that's the past, hopefully I don't suck as much as I did in my first post. So, with that out of the way, let's move on.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete is the greatest show that has, and ever will, appear on Nickelodeon (though Rocko's Modern Life is a pretty close second, followed by SpongeBob Squarepants [this is debatable.]) Of course, that's why it was doomed to three seasons. But anways, Pete and Pete was great. What was most notable was the spacey background music. The producers wanted to use Pixies songs originally, but that was way out of their budget. Instead, they used the works of Yes, The Magnetic Fields, and Polaris. While the lack of Pixies is a shame, Polaris is probably the finest indie-pop you'll ever find. They're actually the side-project of Miracle Legion frontman Mark Mulcahay, and they've only released one album: a compilation of the songs they made for Pete & Pete. If you've seen the show this will make vomit rainbows of nostalgia. If you haven't (get on YouTube right now), you'll still appreciate this fine one-time effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment